Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sick... sick... sick...

Emma is on her way to a doctor's appointment for her eye. Lately she has been blinking her left eye excessively for no reason. I noticed this after she woke up from a nap in the van and started watching a movie. I thought her eye was just sleepy and she just needed to rub it. Then I started noticing it more throughout the day but worse when she would watch TV. She has been blinking it so much that she has lost the fold in her eyethat makes them look big like Daddy's. Now she has one of Daddy's eyes and one of mine. I did some reading online and came across several things. It could be a vision problem, a facial tic, or a magnesium deficiency. Who knows. I hate reading up on medical things online because you can't trust its sources but living in the day and age of instant info, I couldn't resist looking for an answer. Her appointment is at 12:15 today. I will update you later.

Sophie has been having a hard time eating lately. When we would feed her her formula she would either throw up or spit up a lot. She is breastfeeding and we supplement with formula since I don't produce as much as she needs. She started out with Similac but then changed to Kirkland (Costco) brand. I believe she is having a hard time digesting the generic brand and so I put her back on Similac Soy version. This is more sensitive on the tummy and easier to digest. She has been on it for 2 days and no more throw up or spit up. I hope this was the cause and that she doesn't have anything serious. Her next appointment is on April 3.

Eden has gotten rid of her cough but is still congested. With all this wet and cold weather it is hard to get use to. I am hoping that the weather will get warmer and no more rain for awhile.

Albert is better from his cold/cough. He had a really bad cold about a month ago that left him with a nasty cough for a long time. He is feeling back to normal but now he has a chest/muscle pain. Maybe from carrying Emma and Sophie a lot.

I am fine. I can't remember the last time I was sick. I must still have my super immune system from being preggers. I am fully recovered from giving birth and 100% back to normal. I am back to work and resuming my life before I got pregnant. It has been a long time (9 months) but am glad to have my body back.

No comments: