Monday, September 29, 2008

The Alabama Chronicles - Day 1

What a day! The drive to Portland Airport (PDX) was really fun. I had to wake up at 245AM and left at 315. I arrived at PDX at 445, and boarded my plane at 535. We took off at 6AM and I landed in Houston at around 12PM Houston time. On the plane, I sat next to a mother and her 5 month old daughter. She was ok for most of the flight, until around an hour left on the flight she got all fussy, so I started distracting her by waving at her and making her smile. Cute baby, but our kids still take the cake! After the flight I had to RUN from Terminal E to Terminal B, where my connecting flight was taking off in ONE HOUR! Still, I was able scarf down a hot dog before boarding the plane. That's all I got to eat until dinner! The flight from Houston to Birmingham was definitely memorable. Still tired and groggy from an early start, I vaguely remember hearing the pilot saying that this was his first, second, or third time flying commercial airplanes. Not that the plane itself was making me feel any more confident, it was literally me, the aisle, and two other seats in my row. It was a three seater plane! Wow did I ever feel the turbulence!

After landing and kissing the ground (no, not really), Drew picked me up and brought me to the hotel. There I rested for 2 minutes, and it was off to the office. The office itself is cool, the building is made to look like a firehouse, but it really wasn't. The tenants of the building are really cool, and there's this BBQ restaurant that holds its HR office here. Pretty nice place.

Dinner was great! We ate at this place called the Village Tavern. They have this REAL delicious marinated flank steak. THAT WAS YUMMY. After dinner it was back to the hotel and on to sleep... after missing the first 1/2 hour of Heroes because I'm now on CENTRAL time!! :(

I'll post pictures of places later... For now, enjoy reading!

No comments: