Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Alabama Chronicles - Day 2

Early start, late finish!

Drew picked me up at 630AM! Good thing I was already up and awake. I couldn't sleep very well last night. Wes met us for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. It's like a Dennys, or Elmers. It's really good. I had buttermilk pancakes with blackberries on top. After that it was straight to the office where we brainstormed and discussed objectives and great ideas for our new website. Jonathan came by and the four of us talked about every possible option and outlet for our new business to work.

1230PM - LUNCH TIME! We ended up going to this greek place (the name escapes me). I had an egg sandwich. It's great food! After lunch, it was back to the grind.

530PM - Dinner... After almost falling asleep because of the extreme work ethic that Wes, Drew and Ania have (also the food coma wasn't helping), we went to Johnny Rockets for dinner. Chicken Tenders and Onion rings! YUM!

We left around 6, and I returned to the hotel at around 610. I took pictures of the office and the outside building. I'll post it when I get home. I just want to go home already and see my family! I miss them so much!

I'll be up tomorrow around 430AM. See you guys soon!


Update: As promised, here are just a few pictures of the office and the building. I really only took a couple of pictures while I was out there. I was too busy doing everything else!

So here's the team (minus Jonathan who had to run an errand). On the left looking very professional and "busy" is Wes. Drew is in the middle working hard (or hardly working? LOL), and Ania on the right (who is actually working!).

In all seriousness, these three are really great workers and even better people! I am really great to have met them all and it makes me feel that this new business venture is going to go FAR!



Here's the outside of the building. At first glance it looks like an old firehouse. It was actually built to look like one! It's just another office building that houses several businesses.

In the building is a BBQ restaurant that uses the place as their corporate headquarters. The place has a very casual business environment and even has a dog running around. :)

I wish I took more pictures of Alabama. It's a really great place, and it's very beautiful. When I arrived it was very humid and hot (kind of like Virginia weather), but it was tolerable. The nights were still warm, and it felt like you could stay outside forever. The people are all friendly and have that "southern hospitality" that the south is famous for. It was a great trip and one that I will definitely remember. Thanks again to Ania, Drew, Jonathan and Wes for a great time out there. Here's to us and our new business together! Cheers!

1 comment:

Andrew MSV said...

isn't it funny how our blogs always turn into reports on our eating habits? For some reason 8 out of 10 times, that's all i can think of blogging or facebooking!

hahahaha!

sounds like you guys are having a great time and getting some good brainstorming done. good work!

cheers!