Friday, October 3, 2008

10 fingers, 10 toes, and 1 beautiful baby!


Being pregnant is a wonderful, mysterious, miraculous, and constraining time. The first few months are plagued with sickness, bodily change, and emotional highs and lows but it all seems worth it when you get the first glimpses of what is being formed inside. This is not my first time going through this process but knowing that this will be my last (by choice) makes you savor each and every moment. I told Albert early on that this one is going to be different. We aren't going to find out the sex, or announce baby names. Wether it is a girl or a boy we are excited about this new life being formed and will soon join our family.
The ultrasound technician showed us far more then we have seen before. He showed us shots of the umbilical cord entering the baby's belly, we saw the baby's blood being pumped through out it's body, we saw the tiny organs working, and it's beating heart. Watching the baby so peaceful tucked away inside of me reminded me of Psalms 139:13-17. Our God has created this life and this child is more precious to Him then it could ever be to us. I am in awe that God created each of us like this.
Baby: Know that you are loved not only by your parents and family but by our awesome Creator! He knew you before this process ever began and set your life in motion. We are honored to be your parents and I am honored to be carrying you into this world! We can't wait to see you!

Psalms 139
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

no ultrasound picture?

Albert said...

Joy made the post, but I have the pix, I just uploaded them.

Andrew MSV said...

beautiful!! :-)