Monday, October 27, 2008

Thank you for a wonderful Birthday

about this photo
If you notice the video in the last post, Eden was wearing these pajamas, I decided to try them on... the sad thing is not that I am wearing an adult onesie PJ complete with footies, it is the fact that I can wear Eden's clothes because she is as tall as me...

I had a wonderful time bringing in my 27th birthday. It started out on Oct. 17 with a birthday day date with my husband. He took me to the Washington Square mall and enjoyed a yummy lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, one of my Fav places to eat! Thank you to Mama, Papa, Inay, and Yori for my gift card! He also took me to HMart for some korean grocery shopping and then off to Bridgeport for window shopping and a small dinner at Sinju. All in all that day was filled with yummy food, cool sites, and great company.


On Sunday, my Mom made a delicious lasagna and invited my Gma Belle over for a family bday party. I got to chow down on some more good food and pumpkin pie. I got 2 cute shirts from my Grandma plus a gift card to BR and my parents got me a cute jacket, a dress, and gift cards! I am one lucky daughter(grand).


On Oct.21st I woke up to my kids saying Happy Birthday and a present from my husband. He got me the Amy Butler book I wanted. My sis got me a funny card and BR gift card and Inay sent me a funny card with a starbucks gift card. I was so thrilled! Went to work and my co workers wished me Happy Birthday and gave me cards and gifts. I also received many FB birthday wishes from my friends and family. Albert and I also went and grabbed some thai food at Red Ginger that evening. This was a great birthday! I am so lucky to be surrounded with loved ones! Thank you all for making this a wonderful birthday for me.





Kids Update:


CUPCAKE


Cupcake episode #1



Emma has been fascinated with cupcakes. My mom received a Pottery Barn catalog and as Emma and I looked at all the pictures, she saw a cupcake tower! Her eyes got big, she said, "MmMmMm, want this! Please! Please!" I told her that this was a picture and lets pretend to eat the cupcakes... She wasn't buying it. She kept putting her hand out, pleading Please, Please! I was a little shocked by how persistent she was. I kept trying to explain that we did not have any cupcakes and tried turning the page. She grabbed the catalog away and squeezed out 1 tear. What was I to do?



I called Grandma and Grandpa and told them what happened and asked if they could stop and grab a cupcake on the way home. I explained that the cupcakes in the photo were white with a cherry on top. Well, my parents came home with a cupcake and guess what my dad picked it out. It was a chocolate cupcake with a big green frog on the top with 2 HUGE eyes! Emma looked at it and screamed, "EYES! EYES! EWWWW!" She was scared and wouldn't go near the cupcake. Hahaha.... Thanks Paw!

Cupcake episode #2

Knowing how much Emma like cupcakes, I bought her these cute pajamas that says I love cupcakes with cute pictures of cupcakes on them. I went to put it on her and she just cried because she wanted to eat cupcakes not wear them. I am such a mean Mommy!

Cupcake episode #3

Yesterday, it was time to seriously start potty training Emma. I went to the store, got cupcake mix, cherries, frosting, and sprinkles. I thought mini cupcakes will be a great reward for her if she goes potty! I made the cupcakes and tested my theory. I placed Emma on the toilet, placed the cupcake on the sink, explained to her about how she would get it if she went potty. After 10 minutes (felt like 1 hour) of sitting there she went! There was a big celebration and she devoured her cupcake. After that, she was wired on sugar till bedtime. Maybe next time we will give her just half a cupcake...





School and Birthday Party


Eden has been excelling in school. She received her first progress report and she is an A/B student with a GPA of 3.58! All of her comments from her teachers have been positive and she received an O for outstanding! Way to Go! She got to participate in the schools honor party(which was extra recess time). She is going to be attending her first class dance on Oct. 24th in costume. She is very excited but nervous since Albert and I have been teasing her that we are going to chaperone. Hahaha.


Eden was invited to her friend's halloween themed birthday party on Saturday. We did not find out about this party till Friday and so rushed to the mall to get her friend a gift. Eden picks out a spa making kit for girls. She got one and enjoyed playing with the kit during baths. She wrapped it up herself and I was proud she picked this gift out without my help. Albert dropped her off at the party in her Sakura costume and she had a blast. I asked her later that evening about the party and what the birthday girl got as her gifts. She said, oh she got candy, and a notebook. I was like oh, well did she like your gift, thinking it was the best. She said yeah but she doesn't have a bathtub. Whomp! Oh well. Its not the gifts but the fun you have with your friends and family.

Thanks for reading. Also if you have any potty training advice, it would be greatly appreciated. It has been awhile since I have potty trained Eden and even that was a bit of a challenge. ^_^

2 comments:

Unknown said...

go eden!! wohooo!! i remember when i was a 3.58 student... has it really been 12 years since i was in 6th grade? wow! anyways, good job on the awesome school-kicking grades eden! tita is very proud of you!

Anonymous said...

my favorite part of this blog is the picture of you in the onesie, ate. hahahaha.

glad you had a great birthday :) and congratulations to eden with her good grades and emma for peeing! yayy!