Friday, November 14, 2008

Dog of the Year!

Salem - 2 Years old Black Lab
Hours of training: Countless
Number of pheasants retrieved hunting with Paw: 2
Getting caught in a tomato cage: Priceless

Yes, she's actually through the entire cage. As is the custom every night, Joy's mom lets the dogs in to relax on the carpet and get some warmth before going into the garage for the night. A couple of nights ago after letting the dogs into the house, Joy's mom let them in like usual. It was dark outside, and also in the living room, but she noticed that there was something wrong with Salem. She was acting very strange and it worried Joy's mom. She called over Paw to see what was the matter. I followed to, just to see if there was anything I could do. The pictures above just show you the hilarity of the events that ensued. I couldn't stop laughing and almost peed my pants! I barely had enough sanity to take these pictures. Needless to say, Salem was gracious enough to sit still long enough for me to take them. Paw had to use wirecutters to get the tomato cage off her.
This was the perfect ending to a very weird day. I wish I had my camera to capture ALL of the events that happened that night. That same night, Joy spilled her bowl of chili all over the table, floor, chair, and even some on Emma! Eden and Paw went to a movie and Eden left her purse (they called later that night and said that they found it).
Other than that, it was a great day! :) Until then, thanks for reading!

No comments: