Monday, November 10, 2008

Movies

This weekend was filled with gloomy, wet, rainy weather. Albert and I got ready and headed to the DMV to take our test for our drivers license. I was a bit nervous since I haven't taken this test in ages and I failed at my first attempt back in the days. I hate memorizing all the rules and limits and other things they ask you in this test. Thank goodness we don't have to take a drivers test. By the time we got there, there was an hour left before testing ended and we didn't have correct paperwork. We'll try again next week. Oh darn. =)

After leaving the DMV we decided to try and take the girls to the movies. This would be Emma's first time in a theater and we were kinda nervous. There is a theater, Northern Lights close to my parent's house that offers older movies at $3/ticket (free for kids under 2) and you can order food and eat it while you watch you movie. Between each row of seats are tables and you have plenty of room to stretch out. I think this is a pretty cool concept. We opted to watch Wall-E and ordered some lunch. Emma wasn't scared and watched for the first 20 mins. After that she got bored. She began waving at the people behind us, had to go and change her diaper twice, and I had to bring her to the back so she could just wander around without bothering everyone. Wall-E didn't hold her interest. Maybe we will have better luck with Madagascar 2.
On Sunday, Albert and I snuck off after having put the girls to bed to go and watch an "adult" movie, Tropic Thunder. This was a funny movie.... not my type of humor but none the less funny. It was nice to get out just the 2 of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aw, date night! i like how you guys had to sneak out to go though, haha very nice