Friday, January 23, 2009

update

It seems as though everything in our family's life happens all at once. Take for instance us making the decision to move to Oregon. We decided to float my resume in Oregon and within 2 weeks, I had 2 interviews lined up. Once I got the job, we found someone to assume our lease and had to be out of our place by the end of the month AND I found out I was pregnant. That was a chaotic and stressful time for us but we managed, thanks to God's provisions and everyones help. We couldn't have done it without you!
I am finding myself in the same predicament... I just came back from my doctor's appointment and found out I am 3 cm. dilated. This is not a huge shock since I was the same way with Emma for 4 weeks but we are trying to close and move into our new house BEFORE the baby arrives. All of our baby things/furniture have been stored in our PODS and I do not feel prepared at all. Only God knows how this will all pan out. Please pray for us.

Update:
Baby (we still do not know what we are having and no we will not disclose our name choices)
I am measuring 36 cm. from pelvis to top of uterus (normal and on schedule)
The baby is weighing around 5 pounds
the baby's heartbeat came in at 136
the baby is in position, head down
Mommy is 3 cm. dilated, 50% effaced
Feeling mild contractions about 3 to 4/hour
hard to walk, sleep, eat, and work
Blood sugars are within range, cheating on my diet from time to time
major cravings lately: oatmeal cookies, decaf starbucks with splenda, fruit juice
Eden just found out she is allergic to shrimp, breaks out in hives all over her face (poor thing)
Eden has started riding her bike to school but mostly walks the bike because there are so many hills. I think the bike is more for looks since most of her friends ride bikes to school.
Eden has finished #2 out of 5 books she will need to read for Battle of the books on March 14.
Emma is learning her alphabet and numbers, she likes to try and spell things and say the number 2! Ask her how old she is...
Emma is talking a lot more and will refer to herself as Emma (she use to call herself baby)
Emma is also infatuated with the color pink and has asked for a pink hooouuusssseeee...
Emma thinks Mommy is carrying a "ball" under her shirt and does not want a baby
Albert has been working on his business (statementstacker.com) and it has grown steadily.
Albert hair has grown out and he needs a haircut. Hasn't cut his hair since September!
Albert has been handling the pressures of his various responsibilities well. A big change to becoming a house Dad/husband.
We have submitted our loan papers and have been approved for our house.
We purchased a new washer/dryer and fridge at Lowes
We (I am) are daydreaming about decorating and watch HGTV all the time
We are expecting to move in by Feb. 7th

I think thats it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HOLY BAZUNGAS! thats a lot to take in. im sorry that eden cant have any more walnut shrimp.. i will sacrifice myself and eat her share. it will not be easy, but i think it can be done. =) love and miss you guys! if you need help moving, papa can help! hehehe